Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Sri Lanka Bound

I'm excited, yet nervous. Completely exhausted, but seeing how fast my mind is running presently I dare say I will enjoy much sleep tonight. Tomorrow is the big day! My fellow teammates and I will aboard our 16.5 hour plane ride in the early evening, enjoy a 7 hour lay-over in Dubai (which I will try and soak up every ounce that I can through the help of the airport windows), board another plane bound for Sri Lanka and 4 hours later we will eventually arrive in Colombo ready to endure an 8 hour tuk tuk drive across the island to Arugam Bay. It will definitely be challenging to say the least! I may be drawn to tears with sleep deprivation, but it will be worth every minute of it.

I want to enjoy every moment of this trip. From the relationships built to the inside jokes that spur from spending FAR too much time with people. I know this is where God wants me and I know that is good. I'm ready for Him to stir up things in my heart and move me in a way that only He can. Taking the step of faith to join this team was just the beginning, God's got far more planned for my life than I could every imagine and I'm anxious to see where He leads. My life is nothing without Him and the only thing that brings me true joy is following in His footsteps.


"But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God."

With love,
Aj

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you and your team over there :) Do amazing work abroad my friend! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    - clover

    ReplyDelete