Friday, February 10, 2012

Three days, three nights, and a miracle




With sickness plaguing me in more ways than one and sleep deprivation on the rise, I have found it to be a bit of a struggle to keep my head above water this week. I'm tired. I'm weak. And I am in need of a miracle.

This Monday marks the crucial deadline to have the $1,800 required for my plane ticket to Sri Lanka and, unfortunately, I am $1,228 short of that goal. As Monday is quickly approaching I find it far too easy to look at the numbers and wonder how it can possibly come together in three days (Believe me, I've tried!).
But God can.

I was reminded of the concept of having to wait on God and HIS timing; all while remaining faithful, on my drive home from work just hours ago. The speaker likened it to the idea of being at the doctor's office and having to wait for hours in the waiting room. How easy it is for us to get frustrated and wonder when we will be taken care of and be out the door and on our way. We can't see what's happening behind those walls. We can't see that there may be a patient who has an emergency greater than ours that they need to spend more time with. We can't see that maybe the doctor or nurses have to prepare something for our visit. But they know we are there and all we have to do is wait. So it is with us in our times of waiting with the Lord. We can't see what God is doing behind the scenes, what He is preparing or working in the hearts of those around us as well as ourselves. But He knows we're here and all we have to do is remain faithful with where we are and have the faith to trust in Him and His timing.

I have NO idea what God is doing, all I know is that He is growing and stretching me through this process. Each day that the deadline gets closer, each hour that goes by, I have the opportunity to be stressed and discouraged over how everything looks on paper, or I have the opportunity to have the peace that the Lord so graciously gives in knowing that if it is His will....He WILL provide. Though I am physically weak, I will rest spiritually in the strength of my Father who will supply all my needs.

"But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

With love, Aj



(If you feel it in your heart to help support me financially,
you can do so by clicking the donate button on the right toolbar)

3 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you, friend! Ugh. It's times like this that I wish I made more money so I could just give you an entire paycheck or something, lol. But, alas. However, you're right; God is our provider and HE will make a way when there doesn't seem to be any open doors. Keep trusting, praying, and believing. I shall do the same! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your continued prayers and support, Jessica! He WILL provide and I am blessed that you were even able to provide what you did. Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete