Thursday, February 2, 2012

Hands and Feet: Sri Lanka 2012

"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him [be] glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen."
Ephesians 3:20, 21

As I sit here meditating on these few verses from Ephesians, I am overwhelmed at just the mere thought of what Christ has in store for me come April. A few months ago I felt the leading to sign up for my church's recent missions outreach to Colombo/Aragam Bay, Sri Lanka and you can say that I jumped on board when I heard about the opportunity to go and serve with some members of my church family. My heart is being stirred more and more each day as I continue to keep this step of faith in prayer and work towards the goal of raising $3,500 to accommodate everything I need for this next endeavor. Though at times it can be a bit stressful as to how and when it will all come together, I find verses like the aforementioned so comforting. God has burned a passion so deep in my heart to bring His love and hope to the world and I know that even the smallest glimpse of what I think He is going to do will only be exceedingly and abundantly surpassed by what He will end up doing.

That being said, I can't do this alone. Along with prayer, I would like to ask for those reading this for your partnership in supporting me financially. I believe that those who have the ability to send are just as important as those being sent, for without one, the other would cease to exist. If you have it on your heart to do so you can just click the "donate" button on the right side of the page.

With love,
Aj

No comments:

Post a Comment