Monday, October 4, 2010

Transition


Autumn is my favorite season. I'm in love with the array of colors on the trees, how their leaves have a warmth to them as they begin to change only to later collect on the ground and be tossed around by the wind. The air is cooler, making a good excuse to wear boots and tights, hats and scarves. The change is inevitable and much welcomed in my heart.

As I sit here and relish at the new season and what it has to bring, I'm much reminded of my own season of life and the changes and newness that it brings. Much how the dead leaves fall to the ground leaving only a skeleton of a tree behind, so it is with my own life. I feel as though every time God pinpoints an area that I need to work on, or something I need to just let go of altogether, another leaf falls. One by one they slowly begin to descend, the insecurities, the worry, the fear...everything begins to collect at God's feet and I'm left standing there bare like the fore mentioned naked tree. But I'm reminded that this is not the end, it's only the beginning. Transition happens, it's all apart of growth. But we aren't simply stripped of everything and left like that. The falling leaves in Autumn give way to the budding leaves in Spring. So it goes for us. Our "falling leaves" give way to a beautiful blossoming tree over time. It doesn't happen over night, but it will happen. Day by day we are being transformed, renewed, a change is taking place deep in our hearts. Moment by moment we are growing and being stretched into that woman (or man) of God that He has created us to be. Before we know it we are blooming and it's a beautiful sight to see.

With love,
Aj

2 comments:

  1. Wow Ashley! You never cease to amaze me :)
    Straight from you're heart :)
    Love you <3

    ReplyDelete