Monday, April 12, 2010

Finding Thankfulness

I loathe gusty wind. I hate how it tangles my hair, how it blows foreign objects into my eyes, and I really hate what a mess I look like upon arriving indoors, hoping to find the nearest bathroom to tame the mane. It's frustrating and I can easily start to complain and have my whole day ruined in a matter of minutes. But, I have no control over it and I think that is where my true frustration lies.

With any situation that arises in my life, I feel the need to fix it. Unintentionally, I've made myself believe that my worry and stress over a set of circumstances is helping somehow. But in reality, it's only making things worse. Only God is capable of handling the problems that spring up in my life and my worrying about it only shows my lack of trust in Him. x

As humans, we are frail and can only handle the weight of one day at a time. Why let unwanted circumstances, like the weather, ruin what God can have for us today? When we are thankful for what God is doing in our lives, we are free from resentment and He is able to work through our situation and allow His beauty to shine from it.

"This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

ashley jael

No comments:

Post a Comment